During these difficult times, Loyal Companions continues to strive to follow our mission. Our mission is to provide comprehensive veterinary health care that is delivered with both excellence and compassion. Our Fear Free approach will exceed the expectations of pets and their people by alleviating anxieties and fears to ensure a calm, pet-centric visit.
During the many months of this pandemic, our team at Loyal Companions has adapted, evolved and innovated to continue to provide the best care possible.
Curbside Appointments – Call when you arrive 630-524-2125
- To help keep you and our team healthy, we are primarily utilizing curbside appointments. We ask that you call 630-524-2125 when you arrive so our team can collect the relevant medical history, discuss your concerns, and understand your goals for the appointment while on the phone. We will then ask you to proceed to the appropriate entrance (dog or cat) where we will meet you. We will lead or carry your pet to an exam room while you return to your car.
- Please be certain that your dog has a well fitted collar or harness so they cannot pull loose. We ask that you always bring your cat in a carrier.
- You will return to your car and join the appointment from the comfort of your car over a Zoom video conferencing call on your cell phone. Our team will instruct you on how to join the Zoom meeting.
- It is helpful to have the Zoom app already downloaded onto your phone prior to arriving for your appointment.
- Alternatively, the doctor can call and have you on speaker phone during your pet’s appointment.
Serenity Garden Outdoor Appointments – Call when you arrive 630-524-2125
- Our outdoor garden space will be available for dogs that need a little extra support from their owner. This space includes an ottoman and will allow our clients to be able to be with their dog during their appointment.
- We ask that you call 630-524-2125 when you arrive so our team can collect the relevant medical history, discuss your concerns, and understand your goals for the appointment while on the phone. We will then ask you to proceed to the Serenity Garden.
- The Serenity Garden is located on the east side of the building. From the parking lot, walk towards Main street and follow the sidewalk past the cat entrance. Walk past the tall pine tree and around to the east side of the building where you will see the fenced in patio garden space.
- Please keep your dog securely on their leash while inside the fenced garden space. We don’t want any pets trying to jump over or going through the fence.
In-person appointments – Call when you arrive 630-524-2125
- Surgery and dental appointments: owners will be invited into the building to review and sign paperwork. If owners would rather not come into the building, this can also be done curbside.
- New patients to the practice: owners will be invited to join their pet for the first appointment to help them get adjusted and meet our team. A curbside appointment is also an option for new patients.
- Dogs that need extra support: If the weather is not appealing for an outdoor appointment, owners of dogs with high anxiety will be invited to accompany their pet indoors.
- Please call 630-524-2125 when you arrive so our team can collect the relevant medical history, discuss your concerns, and understand your goals for the appointment while on the phone. We will then ask you to proceed to the Serenity Garden.
- Confirmation of no COVID symptoms and no COVID exposure is a must for in-person visits.
- Face masks must be worn throughout the entire appointment.
PICKING UP MEDICATION AND PRESCRIPTION FOOD
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a medication or food refill ahead of time. When you arrive for pick up, please remain in your car and call the office, 630-524-2125. We will take payment over the phone and bring the medication or food into the vestibule.